Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Fail to update / Schwab

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby theobaldr » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:27 am

Some of my accounts at Schwab fail to update. Three out of six. Nothing changed, worked for years. Checked password on each account. Still fails. Help?
theobaldr

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:08 am

Hi theobaldr,

What is the error message you receive?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby theobaldr » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:13 am

It cleared itself.
Contacted Schwab, no help for third party software.
Error message was in a small box stating account in Schwab, the account number, failed to update transactions.
All accounts loaded this morning.
theobaldr

Postby Mary Kennedy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:16 pm

This sounds like a problem I had this week as well. Suddenly, FM is failing to download new transactions. Last week I purchased three new stocks in two different Fidelity accounts. I always wait at least three days to download to make sure everything has cleared. When I updated, none of them came in. I then tried to reconcile each account and FM failed to "see" the new stocks. It found a discrepancy in my cash holding reflecting the cash that had been spent on the new stocks but didn't find the stocks themselves. I have made no changes in my system at all, no changes in FM, no changes in passwords, etc. I wondered if Fidelity changed their method of recording buys or something
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi Mary Kennedy,

It sounds like the transactions have not been brought down from Fidelity yet? If the cash hasn't been taken out in Fund Manager, and the new investments don't exist yet, then you don't have the transactions. It may just be a delay in Fidelity posting to their OFX feed. I would give it a few days, and if it still doesn't show up, take a look in the OFX log to see if there is any record of these transactions, that maybe somehow got missed.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions