Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Locked out of transaction server

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby surendar jeyadev » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:54 pm

I set up a new account on Fund Manager (2106.14.14.100 running on Windows 7). Upon trying to retrieve transactions, I was told that something was wrong with the login credentials. I tried a couple of times more (silly me!) -- and now I get a message saying that due to the three attempts I am locked out and that I should contact the financial institution to obtain access. When I called them (Northwestern Mutual) I was told that the my account was not locked. And, I can log on to their website without issues.

I suspect that the method for web access is different from the access required by FM to download transactions (different servers?) and that it is the latter that is 'locked out'. Is my understanding correct? I would like to be able to let the NM people know which access to check and what may be locking me out as they say that everything is fine as I can log in and they cannot see anything that has locked me out.
surendar jeyadev

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi surendar jeyadev,

Your understanding is correct. Fund Manager is connecting to their Open Financial Exchange (OFX) server. When you talk to them you might mention Quicken, as that is what they will support and it uses the same FOX interface.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions