Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

TD Ameritrade Institutional Money Market Symbols

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby ricbertsch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:42 am

The last 3 download and imports for my TD Ameritrade Institutional files are showing errors in the money market accounts for all accounts when doing a bulk reconcile. I believe it has to do with the Change in the TD money Market Fund Symbols.

However according to TD there should be not be a problem as they have stated on their website that:
"TD Ameritrade Institutional money market symbols with an "IDA12" prefix will change to an "MMDA" prefix online in Veo and within Veo portfolio files. The CUSIPs for these money market products will not change and will retain the "9ZZZ" prefix."

Note on the first day that the error occurred, Thursday the 22nd, all 208 accounts where listed as unbalanced, no statement, 1 error. When clicking on the account, then NEXT the Reconciliation Wizard Share Balances Window popped up showing the correct Money Market Balance for IDA and a negative balance of the same amount of shares for holding MMDA. When you go to access or reconcile the negative balance Investment, MMDA12, a Fund Manager pop up appears "There is no exiting Fund manager Investment for this position, would you like to create one now? I chose NO

For the 23rd the same error occurred.

Again on the 24th, our last download and import, the same error for all accounts appeared HOWEVER, when clicking onto the account and the next button the following pop up appears
Fund Manager Message "Unable to get required date from position filename.", and the Share Balance Window does not pop up.

The actual accounts are in balance with TD yet this error pops up.

It seems that the new money market symbol MMDA12 needs to be entered. However all the history is in IDA12. So I don't know if I need to change the symbol for all 208 accounts money market, or can I do a global change, perhaps leave it alone and it will work out or whatever. So Help is needed.
Richard G. Bertsch CFP(tm)
ricbertsch

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:48 am

Hi ricbertsch,

With TD Ameritrade institutional, it uses the symbol, not the CUSIP. So, if the symbol changed on any investment, you would need to change that in Fund Manager. You can either do it one account at a time, or globally. You might just test it on one account first, and if it corrects that account, then do it globally. To do one account, go to the "Investment Properties..." of the investment (money market in this case), and change the symbol. To do it globally, use "Edit / Symbol List..." and change the symbol. This will update all investments with the selected symbol.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ricbertsch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:57 am

Marks,

Thanks! I changed the symbol globally and used the latest date to bulk reconcile and it worked. We will see tomorrow.

Ric
Richard G. Bertsch CFP(tm)
ricbertsch

Return to Prices and Transactions