Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

T Rowe Price Changed / Restates Previous Brokerage Transacti

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby B2B_Investing » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:31 pm

Hi Mark,

It seems like T Rowe Price made a change how transactions are sent. Within the last month it resent all sales and dividend reinvestment. The fees are a couple of cents different, the shares are the same but the price fluctuate wildly from the previous transactions which adds a level of noise

Where do I look again to verify what data is being transferred from the OFX servers?

Thanks,

Jason
B2B_Investing

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:59 am

Hi Jason,

After a transaction retrieve, the log files are in this (hidden) folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Fund Manager

Look at the "xmldump.txt" file, which is a human readable version of the returned data.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby B2B_Investing » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:27 pm

Thanks Mark,

I pulled the file. It looks like T Rowe Price is sending shares to three decimal points, price to five decimal points and the total to two decimal points. This seems like a change to me. Do you (or anyone else) know if this has changed recently? My recollection was the investor portal would only display shares to three decimal points but the OFX data held more. I am not clear if this change is from T Rowe Price or Pershing who handles the clearing.

The irritating part is transaction retrieve (if you select all dates) wants to now download nearly identical transactions for the last year using the new decimal granularity. Is there an easy way to clean this up other than manually. I am presuming right now the account will not reconcile. This only appears to affect TRP Brokerage accounts.

Jason
Last edited by B2B_Investing on Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
B2B_Investing

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Hi Jason,

Fund Manager will use the total value and shares to record the transaction, and let the price be determined from the value/shares. I'm not aware of the status/changes with T Rowe, but that doesn't mean much. If the changes are cause new retrieved transactions to appear different to Fund Manager, you can just tell Fund Manager to only retrieve back to the date you last retrieved, to avoid getting duplicates.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions