Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Ishares IGM etf

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Davek » Fri May 19, 2017 2:51 pm

I recently added Ishares IGM ETF to my portfolio, but I can't seem to retrieve prices.
Since I live in Canada I normally use Stockwatch quote servers for both daily and historical prices. This is the first US etf that I purchased so I tried the Yahoo quote server as well a Yahoo but neither worked. I'm not sure if the symbol is incorrect or what the quote server that I'm using is just IGM.

David
Davek

Postby Mark » Fri May 19, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi David,

IGM is the correct symbol. I verified it retrieves properly from Yahoo and Yahoo (Historical). Double check your symbol, and make sure it doesn't have any spaces before/after. Also, make sure you've set the quote servers to Yahoo under "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve". Also, make sure you're using quote module 517. Use "Help / FM on the Web / Check for Updates...".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Davek » Sat May 20, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi Mark...thanks for your reply. I checked the symbol and the other things you recommended and every thing seems okay, however, I still can't get any data to download. I looked at the log file for the download and here is what it says.
Retrieve Starting
Quote Module Version = 517
Retrieving from server: (YAHOO-HISTORICAL)
Requested Historical Retrieve Dates: 4/1/2017 - 5/20/2017
Requesting: "IGM"
WARNING: Server used but did not update any prices: (YAHOO-HISTORICAL)
This is baffling to me and I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I've never had this problem before.
Hopefully you can suggest a solution.

thanks
David
Davek

Postby Mark » Sun May 21, 2017 9:13 am

Hi David,

What version of Fund Manager itself are you using? See "Help / About...".

Can you retrieve any other symbols from Yahoo (Historical)? Is it only this 1 investment that won't work?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Davek » Sun May 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi Mark....I'm using version 2014.13.8.
I Tried retrieving one of my TSX listed stocks with Yahoo and it didn't retrieve either, so I'm assuming that the version of Fund Manager is the problem.
However, I did look up IGM on Canada Stock watch and it is listed with a symbol of Z.IGM. When I tried retrieving prices using Z.IGM on Stock watch it worked, so for now the problem seems to be solved, however, I will be updating my version of FM in the near future to avoid these sort of problems in the future.
Once again thanks for your help.

David
Davek

Postby Mark » Sun May 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi David,

That version of Fund Manager is fine. I'm not sure of the problem with this server. If you'd like to dig into it more, let me know.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Davek » Mon May 22, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi Mark.....I have resolved the Yahoo and Yahoo (historical) issue. I was reading one of your other posts where you said
"make sure you have FM 2014.13.8 and that "Options / Internet Settings... / Proxy Server / Use Windows Settings" is enabled.
I didn't have "use windows settings enabled", but, after I made this change it worked fine.
Once again, thanks for your help.

David
Davek

Postby Mark » Mon May 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Hi David,

Excellent, glad you got it working.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions