Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Schwab Advisor Sweep Transactions

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby gcm223 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:22 am

I recently upgraded to the newest version of Fund Manager Advisor 2016 from 2014.

Since then, I have had trouble with sweep and money market transactions.

When Schwab does a sweep transaction (buy or sell), that transaction does not appear in the transaction file.

The verbiage on the transaction is: BROKERAGE SWEEP FR BANK type: AUTO BANK SWEEP or

BROKERAGE SWEEP TO BANK type: AUTO BANK SWEEP.

How do I get these items to post automatically?

Thank you
gcm223

Postby Mark » Tue May 09, 2017 7:17 am

Hi gcm223,

How are you importing transactions? Are you retrieving, or importing from Schwab Data Delivery? Where are you seeing this transaction verbiage? Do you have a default cash account assigned to your sub-portfolios?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby gcm223 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:40 am

We import from Schwab Data Delivery. We do not take the CS TRN file. (Except when money market dividends post - then we have to download that file individually)

This transaction verbiage is in the client account on Schwab Advisor Center. It is the transaction that puts me out of balance between the two systems.

All accounts get assigned a default cash account at the time they are first funded and appear on the daily download.

These transactions always posted prior to the change to Version 2016. It seems there are changes we needed to make on the Fund Manger side after conversion regarding the money market/sweep vehicle. But we are not sure exactly what those changes should have been.

We am also having issues with transactions posting to different accounts. I do not have an example at this time, but the next time money market dividends post, I will be able to explain that issue too.
gcm223

Postby Mark » Wed May 10, 2017 8:20 am

Hi gcm223,

A few things to check:

- Make sure you have a default cash account assigned for each account level sub-portfolio with cash. See "Properties..." of your sub-portfolios.

- When importing, make sure the import option: "Combine All Cash Transactions into Default Cash" is turned on.

- Make sure you are importing the CRS*.TRN files, and not the older CS*.TRN files. If you are importing all files in folder, make sure you've moved the CS*.TRN files to a different folder.

- Transactions post to sub-portfolios based on the account number property. Make sure you do not have more than 1 sub-portfolio for a given account number.

The next time you import, and are having trouble, maybe you can just give us a quick call. It might be easier to resolve with a quick web meeting.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions