Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Fidelity download / deposits, withdrawals, cash balances

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby schwarcz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:59 pm

I'm starting out to evaluate Fund Manager and have downloaded the transaction from my Fidelity accounts.

owever the cash/MMF balances are way off. One account has a large negative MMF balance (impossible). It also looks as though perhaps the original balance wasn't downloaded and it may be that cash deposits and withdrawals have not been download.

Do you have any suggestions as to what is going on and what, if anything, I am doing wrong?
schwarcz

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi schwarcz,

How are you downloading transactions? Are you using the New Portfolio Wizard, or have you just set up your sub-portfolio, and then retrieved transactions? If you use the New Portfolio Wizard and choose to retrieve "Transactions and Positions", FM will get all the available transactions, and make adjustments, such that your current positions are correct.

Also, cash can often cause confusion, and what to choose for your default cash account can vary depending on your broker/account. You might start by watching these 2 tutorials:

Retrieve Historical Transactions and Positions

Tracking Cash
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby schwarcz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:49 pm

I created sub-portfolios and then downloaded transactions. I don't think you answered why the case deposits were not downloaded.
schwarcz

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi schwarcz,

When retrieving transactions from Fidelity their server only provides data for 90 days back from the end retrieval date. Were your cash deposits made within this period? If you retrieve data for a narrow date range (less than 90 days wide), around the time period of your cash deposits, do they show up?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby schwarcz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:21 pm

Downloading one month at a time from Fidelity for one account certainly improved the the results. I will check the transactions in the morning and then try to do the same for the remaining six accounts.

Thanks
schwarcz

Postby schwarcz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:30 pm

I tried a different account. This one is a Fidelity Brokeragelink account (a brokerage account linked to a 401(k)). None of the cash into the account gets captured in the downloads. As a result I have a negative MMF balance.

Am I going to have to enter the biweekly cash deposits by hand?
schwarcz

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:43 pm

Hi schwarcz,

Are the missing transactions deposits into cash, or money added as a result of selling something or receiving dividends in the account? Do you have a default cash account assigned? See the "Properties..." of the account, and set the default cash account. For more, see the Tracking Cash tutorial I mentioned earlier.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions