Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Schwab UTMA

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby oyz79 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:00 pm

I have 2 Schwab UTMA accounts I am attempting to import.

No data imports from Schwab despite the fact that both accounts have a cash balance. No investments other than cash are currently in the accounts and they have no history other than cash deposits. The user id / password is correct and other Schwab accounts with the same user id are updating fine.

Any idea why these 2 accounts won't import the historical transaction and current balance?
oyz79

Postby Mark » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:15 am

Hi oyz79,

If there were no transactions in the account besides cash deposits, then you will only get a cash investment when you retrieve... Were you expecting something different? Or, maybe you're saying that in the account there are other investments, but when you retrieve you only see cash? Can you clarify? Do you get any error messages when you retrieve? How are you retrieving, with the New Portfolio Wizard? If you're retrieving transactions, what settings are you using in the retrieve dialog?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby oyz79 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:19 am

I see a $0 balance - the cash is not even reflected.

I added each sub-portfolio manually using the add new sub-portfolio. FM appears to connect fine, there is no error message.

I'm thinking it may have something to do with the cash account settings in the portfolio settings?
oyz79

Postby Mark » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:21 am

Do you have a default cash account assigned? See the properties of the sub-portfolio.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby oyz79 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:48 pm

"Cash" is set as the default cash account.

When retrieving the historical transactions the deposits and dates show after retrieval in the "preview importing transactions" screen. However, the account shows no balance
oyz79

Postby Mark » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:56 pm

Do you see the investments where those transaction in the "Preview" dialog went? If not, try turning on "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios". If the transactions were in the Preview Importing Transactions dialog, then they got recorded in an investment. If you do see these investments, and the balance is zero, look at your recorded transactions to see why.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby oyz79 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:36 pm

The deposits were coded to an incorrect account.

How do I reimport the accounts to create the proper cash account within the portfolio?
oyz79

Postby Mark » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi oyz79,

Do you have multiple sub-portfolios with the same account number? When you retrieve transactions, they go into the sub-portfolio with the matching account number. If you have multiple, they could go into either. You don't want to have more than one sub-portfolio for a given account number.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions