Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Importing Positions and Transactions

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby ricbertsch » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Now that I have successfully imported positions as of 12/31/2016 from TD Ameritrade Institutional and all transactions since I want to know is it possible to go back to an earlier date and enter a position file and then transactions. For example, can I go back to 12/31/2015 enter the positions from the TD File and start importing 2016 transactions. Is that possible or will it cause a problem come 12/31/16 (the date of the original position import). Thanks in advance.
-
Richard G. Bertsch CFP(tm)
ricbertsch

Postby Mark » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi ricbertsch,

You would need to delete all the positions imported on 12/31/16 to do this. When you import positions as of a certain date, you are entering a buy transaction for the number of shares owned as of that date. If you wanted to add more history prior to this, you would need to delete those buy transactions, and account for them with earlier transactions/positions. You can view your transactions in the Data Register, and you should see a buy entry for 12/31/16 which accounts for all the shares owned as of that date. You can edit/delete that to replace it with more history on how those shares were actually acquired, but you don't want to have both, as you'll be double counting those shares.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions