Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

US Treasury Note Pricing ?

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby hipped1 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:00 pm

I am trying to obtain current pricing on a US Treasury Note. I have followed the instructions as listed on this website:

US Treasury:
This server updates closing prices for US Treasuries. Visit the US Treasury website to look up the CUSIP, and record this as the symbol in your Fund Manager investment. Prices are updated for the prior business day (most recent business day, prior to the current date). This server requires using Fund Manager 12.6 or later, and you must have on the option: Options / Internet Settings... / Proxy Server / Use Windows Settings.

I found the cusip on the treasury website and changed the symbol to reflect the cusip as listed. When I try to retrieve prices, I receive the following message:

Retrieve Starting
Quote Module Version = 510
Retrieving from server: (US TREASURY)
Requesting: "912828J50"
Could not update any investments
WARNING: Server used but did not update any prices: (US TREASURY)

Also, I cannot find the options/internet settings / proxy server / use windows settings option in the menu as listed in the Treasury price instructions.

Any help appreciated.

Mark
hipped1

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi Mark,

This server is a bit unique in that it requests prices for the weekday prior to your computer's date. This means if you request today (2/21), it will ask the server for yesterday's price (2/20), since yesterday was a Monday. Yesterday was President's Day, so the markets were closed, and thus you won't get a price. If you try it again tomorrow it should work.

That proxy server option mentioned has been removed in later versions of Fund Manager. We'll update that documentation. Thanks for pointing it out.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby hipped1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:09 am

Thanks Mark, that makes sense now. Appreciate the prompt reply.

Mark
hipped1

Return to Prices and Transactions