Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Re imbursed for transaction disadvantaged

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby fundman247 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi Mark,
Could you confirm that the best way of adding the reimbursed amount would be to use a transfer in at zero cost.

Let me explain. On a regular basis I buy funds on a certain date. Due to missed transactions the buy takes place a few days later at a higher price than it should have been done. This disadvantaged position is then made good by making an adjustment by adding the units that should have been bought at the ruling price on the day I placed the buy order.

By doing the transaction at the correct price and not as per my statement does give me the correct units but it does mean up to the time that the reimbursement is done my account reflects the wrong value. This manual system can take weeks to be corrected.

Regards.
Don't stay in bed....unless you can make money in bed - George Burns
However beautiful the strategy, you should occcasionally look at the results - Winston Churchill

Remeber and practise it!!!!!!
fundman247

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi fundman247,

I am not sure I followed what is happening here. I've not heard of this scenario before. I would record things however they actually happened. Record the buys at the price/shares/value you actually paid. If you get additional shares added at no cost you could record a buy or transfer in at a cost of 0.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby fundman247 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:46 pm

It is merely a way to put me in the position I should have been due to late buying at a higher price then when I loaded the transaction.

On my statement they would add the units to put me in the position with the actual units I should have bought. This typical happens when the IT systems let them down and they only do the buying a few days later at a higher price.

Due to the frequency it is taking place it becomes difficult to manage as I have done in the past.

I would try the methods you indicated.
Don't stay in bed....unless you can make money in bed - George Burns
However beautiful the strategy, you should occcasionally look at the results - Winston Churchill

Remeber and practise it!!!!!!
fundman247

Return to Prices and Transactions