Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Accounting for Management Fee

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby MYY » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:53 pm

I want to use Fund Manager to keep track of a commingled fund which I manage. I would like to be able to track the performance both gross and net of the fees which they pay. The fees are a percentage of profits. Is there any way to do this in Fund Manager? If there is, is there any way to have any sort of complexity to the management fee being tracked? The Management Fee in my case includes a high water mark that gets reset every few years and for some clients includes a hurdle rate (a minimum level of performance for which they don't pay any fee).
MYY

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:32 am

Hi MYY,

Yes, in the Advisor version you can create management fee methods, and assign them to sub-portfolios. The management fee methods support performance fees, including high water marks and hurdle rates. You can read about them in the documentation here:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/hel ... _prop.html

To edit the management fee methods, open the properties of any sub-portfolio, and see the "Management Fee" drop-down.

You mentioned tracking a fund. Fund Manager does not support tracking varying percentages of multiple people owning a portion of a given portfolio (like a mutual fund). It is for tracking owned portfolios. The portfolio can contain mutual funds of course, but it isn't designed for the management of the mutual fund itself. I'm not sure if that is your situation, but thought I'd mention it.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions