Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Option pricing

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby MYY » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:59 am

Hi, I'm using the evaluation version of Fund Manager to see if this product is sufficient for my needs and I had a few questions. The first is about option pricing. The Last is often quite inaccurate, when there has not been any volume for a while. A better choice would be the mark (the midpoint between the bid and the ask). Is Fund Manager able to do this automatically or does this mean that I would have to input all the option data by hand?

Also, is there any way to get historical option data (including options that no longer trade)? If there is no way to get historical option data, then that means that any day which I don't open Fund Manager will not have the correct data. I prefer that my tools serve me, not the other way around, and I do not want to be a slave to need to open Fund Manager every single day. Is there a way to deal with this?
MYY

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi MYY,

Sorry, there isn't an option to use the midpoint between bid/ask when retrieving prices.

I'm not aware of a source for historical option prices. This means if you want daily option prices you'd have to retrieve them each day. If you know of a source for historical option quotes we can consider adding them as a source.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions