Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Corrupted .dat file?

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby mkulis » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:23 am

Mark,
I have an investment file (for VLO) that I have been using for many years. Most recently it stopped updating, from all update servers. I deleted and re-entered the ticker, no help. I then manually created a new VLO .dat and the update works fine on that one. So I created a third VLO .dat by using 'File Operations/New investment from existing...'. This VLO was created ok, but again will not update. I edited out the ticker and reinput, same result.

I then attempted 'File Operations/Export/Transactions/Generic'. I could not complete the operation, and received a message 'The specified export format is illegal'.

So is there perhaps some other means of extracting 14 years of transactions from the original .dat and getting them into the new .dat?

Thanks,
Mark
mkulis

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:30 am

Hi Mark,

Have you checked the properties of that investment under "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve" to make sure it is set to retrieve prices, and is set to the quote server you want to use?

If that doesn't fix the problem, please let me know how you are confirming the price won't update.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby mkulis » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:20 am

Well, I'll be....it wasn't set to update. First time I encountered that. All's well, thanks.
mkulis

Return to Prices and Transactions