Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Issue downloading transactions from Vanguard

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby SAK » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:03 pm

I was traveling earlier this year and had not used FM for several months. Upon my return I upgraded to Professional Version 2016.14.13.100 with QM: 509 and TM: 221. Since my upgrade, I have been unable to download transactions from Vanguard, and when I try am getting the message:

Signon Invalid
Login failed due to invalid credentials.

I have not changed anything in the Retrieve Transactions settings, and have verified that the username and password in FM are the same as what I use to log into the website at Vanguard. Any suggestions for getting past this greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
SAK

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:00 pm

Hi Steve,

That signon invalid message is coming from Vanguard's OFX server (not directly from Fund Manager). I would try re-typing the username and password into Fund Manager under the "Portfolio Properties... / Transaction Retrieve Settings..." dialog. If that still doesn't resolve the issue you'll need to contact Vanguard and make sure your account is enabled on their OFX server and that it is using the same login details as their web server.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby SAK » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:08 pm

Thank you for clarifying the source of the error Mark, I will contact Vanguard tomorrow. And thank you for the speedy reply, did not expect an answer on a holiday!

Steve
SAK

Postby SAK » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:26 am

Mark,

In case it helps anyone else in the future, there is apparently a maximum password length when using Vanguard's OFX server that is shorter than the maximum password length for web access.  I am not sure what the maximum length for the OFX server is, but 12 characters seems to be working now.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction,

Steve
SAK

Return to Prices and Transactions