Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Retrieve Transactions Retrieving Downloaded Transactions

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby B2B_Investing » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:02 am

Hi Mark,

I am having an issue with one specific account. When I retrieve transactions it is retrieving transactions for the last 8 months for one specific account; however, except for the last week all of the transactions are already there. If I reconcile the account it shows the balances are correct. Is there a log I can look at or a cache I can flush to troubleshoot this further?

Thanks again for an excellent product.

Jason
B2B_Investing

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:13 am

Hi Jason,

On the retrieve transactions dialog, do you have the option selected to skip transactions already in Fund Manager?

Are all the transactions already recorded exactly the same way they're coming down again? The dates/values must match exactly.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby B2B_Investing » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:12 am

Hi Mark,

I do have that option selected. If I expand the popup window to the right, I see the transactions are not identical. For every transaction through my T Rowe Price Brokerage account from 2/29/16 - 10/10/16 every Buy and Sell transaction is duplicated. The date of the transaction and the number of shares are the same; however, the cost is not. Additionally the fee is a negative number. It appears the price is increased to account for the negative fee.

the original transaction was
100 shares, price 7.900, total 799.95, fee 9.95

the new transaction is:
100 shares, price 8.099, total 799.95, fee -9.95

I verified against the brokerage transaction confirmation that the original transaction is correct. Thoughts on what to look at next? I would like to eliminate FM as the issue before I call technical support.

Jason
B2B_Investing

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:46 am

Hi Jason,

So, in the "Preview Importing Transactions" dialog, you see all transactions listed twice? Or, are you just seeing the new (incorrect) transaction listed?

Take a look at the "xmldump.txt" file and see what is being downloaded from T Rowe Price. Find a transaction, and look at the COMMISSION field. FM calculates the price of a buy/sell based off the total transaction amount (TOTAL), number of shares (UNITS), and the fees (COMMISSION). The log file will be in this hidden folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Fund Manager

If you'd like me to take a look, email me both the "ofxretr.txt" and "xmldump.txt" log files.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby B2B_Investing » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:50 am

Hi Mark,

Only the new (incorrect) transactions are showing up. The correct transactions were downloaded within a few days of when they actually occurred between February and now.

I emailed you the files as I am having a hard time finding the commissions. It appears to only be mutual fund transactions in those files.

My guess would be the error is on the broker side since this just started to happen. It looks like they inverted the sign for the fees.

Jason
Last edited by B2B_Investing on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B2B_Investing

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:26 am

Hi Jason,

Thanks. The commission field is being reported as negative. I'd suggest contacting TRP. Do you have other TRP accounts that are working normal, or is this your only TRP account?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby B2B_Investing » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:20 pm

Hi Mark,

It is the only brokerage account I have with them. I filed a technical support ticket and will advise once they reply.

Jason
B2B_Investing

Postby B2B_Investing » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:30 am

Hi Mark,

Just following up and closing the loop on this, T Rowe Price escalated the technical support ticket to Pershing who reviewed the data and corrected the errors. The transactions are being downloaded appropriately now. Thanks again for the assistance in researching this.

Jason
B2B_Investing

Return to Prices and Transactions