Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Accurate Retrieval of Dividend and Price Data

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby glb » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:08 pm

I am based in the UK so I use GB £ as my default currency. When I retrieve historical data from Yahoo, dividends and values of UK stocks are priced in pence per share but are treated as £'s in Fund Manager, eg a 100p dividend/share in Yahoo becomes £100/share in Fund Manager. Similarly, a stock worth £10,000 is valued at £1,000,000 (nice if it were true!) Is there any way of correcting this automatically? I could amend dividends manually but not current price.
glb

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:31 am

Hi glbrookes,

What symbol are you using? If you have a symbol ending in .L, FM will automatically divide the price by 100 when retrieving from Yahoo UK & Ireland. This same behavior doesn't happen with Yahoo (Historical), so you may want to just retrieve without the .L and set FM to divide retrieved prices by 100 under "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve", so this division will apply to both current and historical price retrieves. For more, see:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/intrtv.html#YahooUK
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby glb » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:37 pm

Thank you for your comment Mark.

I have found that the suffix '.L' must remain for the Yahoo quote servers to find the correct stock on the London Stock Exchange. Using 'Yahoo' to update current prices and 'Yahoo (historical)' as the defaults to retrieve pricing information, I have divided by 100 as recommended by you and the portfolio current and historical prices appear to be working correctly now..
glb

Return to Prices and Transactions