Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Yahoo UK vs Yahoo Historical prices

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Exspextations » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:06 am

Since the demise of the Bloomberg server I have been downloading prices daily prices for my Shell shares from Yahoo UK and historical prices from Yahoo Historical. The daily prices download OK, but when I do an historical download all the price data is multiplied by 100, i.e is in pence instead of GBP. Is this an issue with the Yahoo UK and Historical servers or the way FM manipulates the prices?

In the attached file data for 30 August and the 14th September are downloaded from Yahoo UK, while the intermediate prices where downloaded from Yahoo (Historical)

RDSB.L.JPG
Price data from Yahoo UK and Yahoo (Historical)
RDSB.L.JPG (60.67 KiB) Viewed 1183 times
Exspextations

Postby Mark » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:19 am

Hi Exspextations,

What symbol are you using? If you have a symbol ending in .L, FM will automatically divide the price by 100 when retrieving from Yahoo UK & Ireland. This same behavior doesn't happen with Yahoo (Historical), so you may want to just retrieve without the .L and set FM to divide retrieved prices by 100 under "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve", so this division will apply to both current and historical price retrieves. For more, see:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/intrtv.html#YahooUK
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Exspextations » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:06 am

Hi Mark,

Removing the .L from the symbol with quote server set to Yahoo - UK & Ireland gave an error message and did not work. Leaving the .L suffix in place and changing the servers the Yahoo and Yahoo Historical downloaded the correct prices for both when the price was divided by 100 in FM.
Exspextations

Return to Prices and Transactions