Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Historical prices (yahoo finance), Problems.

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby CarlosGrima » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:13 am

Dear support team,

As we cannot use bloomberg, I am trying to get another server to update the historical prices of the investments funds.

For example, I would like to update historical prices of Bankinter Renta Fija Corto Plazo FI whose ISIN is ES0110053032.

I have found this investmenet at "historical yahoo finance", but I dont get to update it. ¿How can I update the historical prices of this investment?

On the other hand, I would like to know the next question. ¿ Could we use the bloomberg server with FundManager If we have a license of Bloomberg?

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Best regards,

Carlos.
CarlosGrima

Postby Mark » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi Carlos,

On Yahoo their symbol for this is:

ES0110053032.BC

Even though their site shows historical prices, if you click the "Download Data" link, it returns a 404 error, which is why FM isn't able to get this historical data. It does retrieve the current price if you use "Yahoo (Alternate)".

You can also get this current quote from Morninstar ES using the symbol:

F0GBR04Q6V

I wasn't able to find a source for historical prices for this fund on FondsCheck or WSJ or Google.

Yes, if you have a Bloomberg terminal that offers these quotes you should be able to save them to a file and then use "File / Import / Prices / Generic...". I don't have instructions for the export part, but if you have any questions on the import part, please let me know.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions