Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

No any update for historical price

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby somsak » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:01 pm

I have used Fund Manager for many years ago and last price updating was 5 th Aug'16. However, I tried to update for historical price yesterday , but it failed. At first, I though this problem came from too old version ( 2010), so I have upgraded to lastest version sine yesterday. Now, I understand that this maybe cause from terminate of Bloomberge Historical Price Service and change to Google Historical, but after many times for retreving, still cannot update. So, could you reccomend me about this problem and how to solve?

Remark : My investments are stock and warrant in Stock Exchange of Thailand.

Thank you,

Somsak
somsak

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:28 pm

Hi Somsak,

Yes, we've had to removed Bloomberg support, due to their Terms Of Service. There are many other quote servers you can use. I'd suggest visiting them with your browser, and seeing if any of them offer the quotes you need. Once you find them, record that for the symbol in Fund Manager, and set FM to use the quote server you want. We have links to all the supported quote servers here:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/intrtv.html

See the one's with "Historical" in their name.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby somsak » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:00 am

Hi Mark,

As I mentioned, I already tried to use " Google Historical Server", but still could not update.
I try again today and result is the same. I would like show you the result as below information,

Retrieve Starting
Quote Module Version = 504
Retrieving from server: (GOOGLE-HISTORICAL)
Requested Historical Retrieve Dates: 8/16/2016 - 8/24/2016
Requesting: "BKK:AH"
Could not update any investments
WARNING: Server used but did not update any prices: (GOOGLE-HISTORICAL)

Please help me to solve this problem.

Best Regards,

Somsak
somsak

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:31 am

Hi Somsak,

You will need to go to Google first, and look up to see if they have the quote you're looking for, before switching to that server in Fund Manager. Use your web browser, go to:

http://finance.google.com/

and search for your security. If they have it, what do they use for a symbol? Record this symbol in your Fund Manager investment. It will likely not be the same symbol used by Bloomberg, so just switching quote servers will most likely not work. If Google does not have your security, repeat this process for any other historical server you wish to try using. There are links to each server on this page:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/intrtv.html

There are also some "Details" for each server that gives a rough idea of what kind of securities they offer, and any server specific information on looking up the required symbol to use in Fund Manager.

I tried to look up the example you gave (BKK:AH) on Bloomberg, so I could look up one example for you, but this symbol does not appear to be working on Bloomberg either.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby somsak » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:24 am

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply.

However, you maybe misunderstand for some points, so I would like to explain more details.
My example security is " AH ". The symbol for "AH" in Bloomberge is "AH:TB" and "BKK:AH" in
Google Server.

When I changed from Bloomberge to Google, I already checked and changed the symbol to "BKK:AH". But I still could not update this invesment

The below is symbol of AH which I copied from Google page ;

AAPICO Hitech Public Company Limited(BKK:AH)

Is it possible for you to test "Fundmanager" by creating this security ( BKK:AH) for investment and update price from Google server and show me the result.

I hope to get good news from you.

Thank you,

Somsak
somsak

Postby Mark » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:41 am

Hi Somsak,

Thanks for the clarification. I tested this, and saw that "Google (Historical)" could not get these prices, but if you use "Google (Historical Mutuals)" the prices do retrieve.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby somsak » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:15 am

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much. This is very surprised information for me. Do you know the reason why it's not available price updating from Google Historical, but available from Google Mutual fund ?

Thank you,

Somsak
somsak

Postby Mark » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:19 am

Hi Somsak,

No, I'm not sure why that is on the "mutuals" server. This appears to be a regular stock, right?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:40 am

Hi,

With indices, Google Historical Mutuals has to be used too, Google Historical always returns an error.

This suggestion here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3975 is for Google Historical Mutuals.

Apparently, as written in the FAQ, there is no 200 quote limit for Google Historical. But if the limit for Google Historical Mutuals could be removed, perhaps the two quote servers could be merged, for simplification.
Djobydjoba

Return to Prices and Transactions