Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

A <Null> quote server

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Djobydjoba » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:59 am

Hi Mark,

I would find interesting to have a quote server <Null>, <None>, or any other name, that leads to nowhere and don't download any prices but don't generate any error messages when "Retrieve price" is ticked with any symbol code. And the same for historical quote server.

I sometimes order my investments in the Portfolio Editor by the column (historical) Quote Server, for some maintenance, and currently all the cash accounts and others investments that don't retrieve prices appear as "Default Server". I would find useful if we could identify in this column the investments for which a quote server never has to be activated.

Moreover, this would allow to do some mistakes with the command Files Operations > Hide Sold Investments, activating "Retrieve price" for some unwanted investments (cash account, or some others..) without consequences. :)
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:19 pm

Hi Djobydjoba,

Okay, interesting idea, thanks for the feedback.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:00 am

Hi Mark,

Another motivation for this: there are a few investments in Google Finance for which the realtime quote is not updated anymore (I don't know why, a bug in GF), but the historical quotes are just fine. See the symbols: NASDAQ:AIA, INDEXDJX:DWCMD, INDEXDJX:DWPED, INDEXDJX:DWARD.

For these, I don't care about realtime quote, historical quotes are just OK for me. So, with a null server, I could "fix" this issue, by disabling the download of realtime quote but keeping active the download of historical quotes.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:59 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

I see the same issue with those symbols on Google (Realtime). I can see the benefit of having a special option like this for a quote server. We can consider trying to add this.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions