Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Yahoo servers discrepancy

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby progers1947 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:47 am

Post Bloomberg, I'm downloading share prices from Yahoo UK & Ireland and historic prices from Yahoo (Historic) Fortunately I didn't download too many historic prices; it appears that the historic server downloads prices multiplied by 100. I know how to divide prices by 100 but that applies to both historic and current prices so that's no good - is there a way to divide historic prices by 100 without affecting current prices?
progers1947

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:21 am

Hi progers1947,

Yahoo - UK & Ireland automatically divides the retrieved price by 100 if your symbol ends in .L. It does this to retrieve prices in pounds instead of pence. You can override this behavior with a registry entry, but it is usually easier to just switch to the regular Yahoo server. The Yahoo server offers these same quotes usually, and they won't be divided by 100, so would be consistent with the prices you retrieve using Yahoo (Historical). If you still wanted prices in pounds, you could set your investment to multiply the retrieved price by 0.01 under "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve" for these investments. For more details on this server, see:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/intrtv.html#YahooUK
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions