Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Suggestions of sources that offer quotes

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Djobydjoba » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:19 am

That's so impressive. I'm speechless... :o What a fantastic support !

I'm gonna try in the next few days.

Many thanks :!:
Djobydjoba

Postby Djobydjoba » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:24 am

Hi Mark,

Another interesting website for quotes : It's the website of the french bank BNP Paribas.

https://www.directinvest.bgl.lu/Market-information

Do you think it could be added to the list of servers in Fund Manager ?
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:55 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Thanks. That does look like a good source too, and it references quotes by ISIN which is nice. Do you know if this offers quotes not available on any of our other servers? Even if it doesn't, it would still be nice to offer as another source.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:11 am

They have quotes for turbos and certificates, which I'm not sure are available in others servers. And probably here and there some particular quotes not available elsewhere, for some specific funds or stocks I presume.
Djobydjoba

Postby Djobydjoba » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:23 pm

Hi Mark

Here's another good one : http://web.tmxmoney.com/getquote.php
"Current market, index and company information for Toronto Stock Exchange and TSX Venture Exchange, and US markets including NYSE, NASDAQ and AMEX."

This one offers a lot of US (sectors) indexes, which looks interesting because some of them are missing quite a bit with the current servers (in particular if Wall Street Journal is not planned to add, maybe for TOS reasons). In Fondschecks there are very few indexes out of the indexes from the Dax company (the Dax indexes cover sectors worldwide, but they are not spreadly used nor famous).

For example, from this page : http://web.tmxmoney.com/symbol-lookup-en.php, by selecting Any in the "Instrument" field, "USA" in the country field and searching for "Dow Jones" we have plenty of very cool indexes. The same by searching for "S&P". :P

I presume the database for other instruments is really good too.

The historical data is to 30 days in the page, but more older quotes could be manually imported from an other source if necessary ? (like the WSJ... :wink: )

I like this one very much.. :P
Djobydjoba

Postby rietti » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:11 am

Hi Mark,
great news that you have been able to add support from the fondscheck and possibly other quote sources that provide access to european-based funds.

However I have upgraded my quote module (skipping 499) and now I am running version 501 but I can't find the Fondscheck option in the list of available quote servers (or Historical quote servers).

Here is my configuration:
Windows 10 Home version 1511
Funds Manager 2014
Personal version 2014.13.8
Quote module: 501
Transaction module: 218

Thanks for any suggestions,
Guido
rietti

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:27 am

Hi Guido,

The new quote servers are only available with Fund Manager 2016. We have fixed the Yahoo servers in 2014, and will maintain available servers, but don't add new one's for the older version. You can upgrade to FM 2016 Personal for $39.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:01 am

Hi Mark,

Sorry, me again... :oops:

Just to be sure you didn't miss the post above regarding the tmxmoney quote server, and what do you think of it.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:03 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Sorry, I did look at it, and it looks good too. I'm leaning towards letting things settle down for a while, and see if we are missing coverage of any markets or not. It is good to have redundant servers too, so we will consider this.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby richard » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:55 am

Djobydjoba

I can't seem to get this web site to work. My knowledge German is close to zero.

Does it work with stocks or just funds, Haven't been able to get it to work with funds either. This is probably due to my not entering the data correctly (see sentence #2). I've tried with

LU0823399810 (Bloomberg symbol -> FOEBSEC:LX)

Have also tried with

US3696041033 General Electric

I enter the ISIN numbers on the first line after SUCHE, click on the arrow; it gives me another page... then what?

Richard
richard

Postby Djobydjoba » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:46 am

Richard,

In the "Suche" field you enter the ISIN code (LU0823399810 for example). Don't add any space at the end of the ISIN code (this could happened with copy/paste). Then you click on the line of the fund name that appeared as a search result ("Parvest Equity Best Selection...") -> the page for the fund is loaded. On the page you must see the "Kurse" link, you click on it. Then on the next page loaded you have a link "Hist. Kurse". You click on it. Then in the navigator address bar you can grab the code for the fund (after "secu="), and enter it in the investment in Fund Manager
Djobydjoba

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:35 am

Hi Mark,

Me again to suggest another deutch web site for quotes : OnVista (http://www.onvista.de/).

This one offers historical quotes for MSCI index, which is great (and hard to find !). MSCI indexes are used extensively in the financial world because the methology to build them is homogeneous regarding currency, dividends, etc. So with them when can directly compare regions and country with each others, and working with relative strength on MSCI indexes is very interesting too.

Here's the page with the MSCI Indexes : http://www.onvista.de/index/msci-indizes.html

To download historical quotes manually : in startdatum the start date, and in "Zeitraum" select 5 Jahr to have 5 years of history from this date.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi Djobydjoba,

Thanks, that looks like a good server. The historical prices are easy to access, and formatted nicely too. Besides the MSCI indices, do you know if it offers other quotes not available on any of our other supported quote servers?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:58 pm

Hi Mark,

The database on OnVista for indexes is great, with deep historical data. In fact it seems that the database is as good as the WSJ, and that's saying something. They have GCSI indexes for commodities too : http://www.onvista.de/rohstoffe/indizel ... i-indizes/

I've worked today on the migration of my index investments, from Bloomberg to Google Finance. I prefer to avoid Yahoo, not in good wealth. For indexes FondsChecks offers nothing (but great for funds). I was pleasantly surprised with the indexes database of Google, it's well supplied in fact, but it's sometimes tricky to find what we want, and the historical data is not very big (1 year ? at least 1 year at a time) so I've imported manually some more data from WSJ. With OnVista integrated in Fund Manager the work would have been much easier (good search engine and good historical data directly available).

For currencies OnVista is great too, it seems they have a lot more crosses than FondsChecks. I'm not sure for exotic crosses on FondsChecks (I didn't even find USD/BRL for example). On OnVista it seems they have the full list (see the dropdown menus in this page http://www.onvista.de/devisen/).

I can't tell for stocks, ETF and funds at the moment. I don't work with stocks, and for ETF and funds I think FondsChecks will offer what I need (I haven't work on it yet).
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:01 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

I've looked at OnVista more, and it does seem like a worthwhile server to add. They have a clause in their Terms of Service that says (translated to English):

An automated query the contents of the finance portal is not permitted without the express consent of OnVista in any form.

I've sent them a request for permission, so we'll see what they say.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Prices and Transactions