Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

E*Trade Div Reinvest entered as purchases

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby dellwo » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:03 pm

I just noticed an investment from E*Trade (maybe more than one but I haven't looked yet).
Twice a year I get 2 dividends on the same day that are reinvested. One is marked correctly and the other is marked as a purchase.
1. Wanted to let you know.
2. Is there a quick way to switch them to Reinv Div? It looks like I have to recreate each one (about a dozen occurred before I noticed).

Thanks, Joe
dellwo

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Hi Joe,

If you look in the "xmldump.txt" log file, are they both reported the same exact way? If so, and it isn't importing properly, please email me your "ofxretr.txt" and "xmldump.txt" log files, and I can take a look.

There isn't an easy way to change a Purchase into a Reinvestment. You would need to delete and add.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dellwo » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:11 pm

Unfortunately, I've updated since then (7/5/16).
E*Trade transaction records list them the same (as dividends etc). I flipped through the rest of my E*Trade investments and this was the only one that does this. So I guess I'll have to try to catch it in December to get you the files.

Thanks, Joe
dellwo

Postby dellwo » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:26 pm

Quicken does the same thing. No idea why... both listed as dividends on the notification from E*Trade. One is LT Capital Gain and the other is ST Cap Gain or Dividend Income if that makes a difference.

Glad I fixed the transactions. 10 yr return was slightly negative but is now ~9%.
dellwo

Postby Mark » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi Joe,

We'd have to look at the raw data returned from E*Trade's OFX server. Maybe they are coding them this way for some odd reason. You can see this raw data in the "xmldump.txt" file. Even if you've already retrieved for a certain date range, you can retrieve that date range again, and then just cancel at the Preview stage. It will create the xmldump.txt file so you can see how it is being reported.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dellwo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:25 pm

I have the file if you want it. Are you interested?
Where should I send, what should I delete?
dellwo

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:41 pm

Hi Joe,

You can email it to me, along with the date(s) and details of the transactions I should look at. You can open it up, and delete your account number before sending it.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions