Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Retrieving selected prices false

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby french fries » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:30 pm

Hi Mark,

Several days ago, I can't retrieve my prices. I can only retrieving historical prices. I deleted all intlog*.txt files, but it's not better.
I think the problem comes from Bloomberg website (my default historical and quote servers are Bloomberg).
When I go in bloomberg.com website, and search prices, it screens:

"Terms of Service Violation

Your usage has been flagged as a violation of our terms of service. If you believe this to be in error, please contact support. For sales inquiries, please visit http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/request-demo.

It's possible for me to check some values, as DJIA for example, and so, FM is too able to retrieve these prices, but most of the stocks are impossible to check.

Do you have any solution for me ?

Thanks a lot
french fries

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:12 pm

Hi french fries,

It sounds like for some reason they've marked your IP address to block. If you want to keep using this quote server, you can try doing what they say and contact support, and ask them how you've violated their terms of service, and what you can do to get un-blocked. Your other option is to switch quote servers.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby french fries » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:01 am

Hi Mark,

Their response:
Thank you for contacting Bloomberg.com. Please clarify the page you were visiting when you received that message. Is this the only page that you cannot access? How are you accessing this page? Bookmarked, Google search, etc, can you please let us know?

Sincerely,
Bloomberg Website Feedback Team

Is there any solution to get anonymous IP by FM to continue to have Bloomberg quotes ?
french fries

Postby french fries » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:58 am

I have just noticed that you deleted the Bloomberg'servers at your last update. Could you put back them ok ? I have too much values to be able to allow to change server.
I am going to solve my problem with them, but please restore my access to Bloomberg.
french fries

Postby Mark » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:42 am

Hi french fries,

Yes, unfortunately we had to remove support for the Bloomberg servers, due to their current Terms Of Service (TOS). You were not the only one banned. See this post. We would like to be able to support Bloomberg, but we need to honor their terms of service.

We have many other quote servers you can choose to utilize, and we just added support for 2 new servers: Quandl and Quandl (Historical). You can find details on all our currently supported quote servers here:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/intrtv.html

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of having to switch quote servers, but I felt we really had no choice given Bloomberg's terms of service.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby french fries » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your answer. I understand.
Do you know another quote server which uses Bloomberg Code or CUSIP (or ISIN) code ?
It would avoid me a long and boring work.
Thank's
french fries

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi french fries,

Unfortunately, Bloomberg used their own unique symbols. I don't believe any other server would use exactly the same. If your quotes are available on Yahoo, that is probably a good one to investigate using. We have links to all our supported servers here:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/intrtv.html
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions