Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Importing deposit question

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby larryw » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:14 am

I've transferred some cash to an IRA from my bank to the cash account. I've confirmed Fidelity has received it.

When I retrieve transactions to add to FM it does not display the incoming cash as am item to be added at the end of the process.

Do these type of transactions have to be added manually or is there something else to do within FM to add this deposit?
larryw

Postby Mark » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:28 am

Hi larryw,

It varies by broker. Some possibilities:

1) It hasn't posted to the broker's OFX feed yet. If it has been a few days after settlement, this probably isn't the reason.

2) Make sure you have a default cash account assigned under the properties of your sub-portfolio for this account.

3) Try turning on "Advanced Options... / Import "Investment Banking Transactions" into Default Cash Account(s)", and see if that causes it to show up.

If none of these fix the issue, you can take a look in the "xmldump.txt" log file after retrieving, and see if there is any sign of this deposit.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby larryw » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:34 am

Thanks Mark. It's probably #1. They just received yesterday and I notice that my bank shows it as pending today. I'll wait a few days and try again next week.
larryw

Return to Prices and Transactions