Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Retrieve Selected Historical Prices

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby ThomasK » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:50 pm

Hi Mark,

I am trying to create a benchmark investment from a portfolio of ETFs to use in Graphs. The portfolio has just the 5 etfs and their weights. As luck has it the CAD was on par with USD at the beginning of 2011, so I have all the "buys" as of that date but did not use a cash account.

One of the investments is not being "found" by "Retrieve Selected Historical Prices". The others worked fine...both Canadian and US.

The commodity symbols are "GSG" and "DBC"...I tried both...no luck, I just keep getting "Could not update any investments." I tried deleting and recreating with New Investment and doing the lookup. No luck. Perhaps it is the Yahoo database? I don't want to mess around with much but with the Advisor version I could go real-time..perhaps that might work?

Thanks,
Thomas
ThomasK

Postby Mark » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:20 am

Hi Thomas,

I just test retrieved GSG from Yahoo (Historical), and it retrieved fine. Some things to check:

- Verify the symbol is correct, and doesn't have any space characters before/after it
- Check the retrieve settings on this investment under "Properties... / Internet Retrieve"
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ThomasK » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:41 am

Well of all the luck...for whatever reason the box for retrieving prices was unchecked.

Thanks. That should have been obvious for me.
ThomasK

Return to Prices and Transactions