Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Getting updated transactions but not the prices

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby dkuntzel » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:37 pm

I did my monthly update which included 3 transactions and price updates. The transactions came through (correct share prices) however the latest prices did not. I use Fidelity and normally chose the update through mutual fund choice which I did today. I also tried the other through yahoo option that didn't update the prices either.

I compared my dell computer with FM to my Mac which shows my shares including the latest prices/values. As I said the shares are correct but the prices are not the latest compared to what I see using my Mac browser logged into my Fidelity account.
dkuntzel

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:54 pm

Hi dkuntzel,

We have some tips for fixing prices that aren't retrieving here:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq ... ailure.php

You want to make sure you have the symbol recorded correctly, and are retrieving from a quote server that offers that symbol. You also want to make sure you have the latest price module. We also have a tutorial on retrieving prices you might like to watch:

https://youtu.be/9rTWGWjnzUI

This tutorial explains how to adjust your quote server/symbol/price retrieve settings.

If you still aren't able to get updated prices, please give me the following:

Example symbol, quote server you're using, and the quote module you're using.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dkuntzel » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:22 pm

After watching the video I checked options/internet settings/quote server. Somehow my server got set to yahoo historical so I wasn't getting todays closing price. Changing it to yahoo fixed it. Now I am an 'expert' again (LOL). Thanks. :D
dkuntzel

Return to Prices and Transactions