Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Stifel transaction import issue

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby misterbe » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:38 am

Mark, I recently moved my account to Stifel and when I import transactions only North American stock related transactions import, not any activity related to other stocks.
I suspect this might be an issue related to Stifel. However, any direction you can give will be appreciated please?
misterbe

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:06 am

Hi misterbe,

You might want to double check the log file showing the actual data retrieved from Stifel. If you don't see any mention of these non-North American securities you would need to ask Stifel about this. The easiest log file to read is the xmldump.txt file located here after a retrieve:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Fund Manager

Note, AppData is a hidden folder, so you'll need to turn on hidden files/folders to browse there.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby misterbe » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:48 am

Found it thanks Mark. The transactions that are not importing is in the log file.
Please advise.
misterbe

Postby misterbe » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:51 am

The only difference I see between one transaction v another that is not importing is e.g.
One says
-BUYOTHER (not importing)

and

-BUYSTOCK (Importing)
misterbe

Postby misterbe » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:54 am

Also at the end of the one that is importing it says - BUYTYPE (BUY)
The one not importing does not have it.
misterbe

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:13 am

Hi misterbe,

Are you maybe filtering these out with your import options? Make sure you are using "All dates", and temporarily turn off "Skip Transactions Already in Fund Manager", and turn on "Create New Investments as needed". If you're seeing them in the Preview window while "Skip Transactions Already in Fund Manager" is off, then you have already imported them. Don't finish the import while this option is off, as you'll get duplicates. Turning it off just helps make sure Fund Manager is seeing them, and allows you to see if they're already in your database.

If the above doesn't help, please email or Private Message me a copy of the "ofxretr.txt" log file, along with a specific investment that isn't importing. I'll test it out here, and see if I can reproduce the problem.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby misterbe » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:28 am

Ah yes of course Mark. Stifel used different identifiers to my previous broker. Feel a bit daft, but thanks for helping me.
misterbe

Return to Prices and Transactions