Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Export Transactions to Excel

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby jkitchens » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:19 am

Mark I am having trouble exporting transactions to Excel. In FM, I select File / Export / Transactions / Generic / [portfolio name]. When I click on the Export Format arrow, there isn't anything to select. If I type in csv or qif and select OK, after typing in a filename, I get back a message that the specified export format is illegal.

Ultimately what I'd like to do is import transactions from Excel into FM. The reason I am trying to export transactions from FM now is to see how I need to format my Excel file for importing back into FM.
jkitchens

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:37 am

Hi jkitchens,

In that dialog, the down arrow shows your most recent specified formats. If you've never used this command before, they will be empty. You can just type in the edit box the format string you want to use. Press "Help" for instructions. For example, you could use this export format string:

ACCT,SYMB,UD,TRAN,ANUM,BNUM,CNUM
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby jkitchens » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:29 pm

Mark I'm beginning to understanding exporting. I successfully exported transactions from a sub-portfolio. Everything looked good except for the account number. It didn't show up in the Excel spreadsheet. The cell where it should have been was empty. Do you know what I did wrong? Thanks Jim
jkitchens

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi Jim,

What format string did you use for the export? If you used the one I provided, check the properties of your sub-portfolio to see if you have an account number.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby jkitchens » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:39 am

I checked and sure enough I hadn't entered account numbers in FM. Now when I export, they show up where they're supposed to be. Thanks! Jim
jkitchens

Return to Prices and Transactions