Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Downloading duplicate transactions from Schwab

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby B Hunt » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:46 pm

I was getting regular cash discrepancies after importing Schwab transactions, I now see that all non Cash transactions are coming in duplicate. I can solve it by unticking the duplicates and just import one of each. Is there a setting I can check and change in Fundmanager? Might Schwab be able to help?

Thanks
B Hunt

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:20 am

Hi B Hunt,

Are you maybe retrieving the same account twice somehow? Maybe you have the account number and transaction retrieve settings assigned for the same account to multiple sub-portfolios?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby B Hunt » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:01 am

Thanks. Yes, I think duplicate subfolders are the problem.
I have 2 shaded folders for Company 1 Investment accounts and Company 2 investment accounts. These are linked to Folders above and contain subfolder accounts from each company including the Schwab account ( the only one I do online downloads for). I guess I assumed the properties of the linked Folders would carry over to the subfolders. The accounts themselves including Schwab are not shaded (and don't say linked in properties), so are probably duplicates. I can't seem to change their properties to link them. Should I delete them and create new linked subfolders?

Thanks
B Hunt

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Hi B Hunt,

I didn't quite follow your scenario, but you want to make sure you only have a single regular sub-portfolio per account. That is shown as a yellow folder in the Portfolio Editor. You can have any number of link sub-portfolios (shown as purple folders), without causing problems. Use these to make copies of your regular sub-portfolio if you want to place a copy in another section of the hierarchy.

If you still have questions or problems, you can try posting or emailing us a screen shot of your portfolio hierarchy. You might also like to watch this tutorial on using sub-portfolios:

https://youtu.be/p-yjqwyGHtM
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby B Hunt » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:01 am

Thanks. I think I have sorted out the problem.
B Hunt

Return to Prices and Transactions