Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Retrieve one account but not another on TD Ameritrade

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Kelvin » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:24 am

I have three separate accounts with TD Ameritrade (two types of retirement plus non-retirement). I can get transaction information for my non-retirement account, but both of the retirement accounts report back "Signon Invalid Signon Invalid" (on 2 separate lines). I've logged in online to make sure I have valid passwords, and repasted the usernames and passwords into FM's transaction retrieve settings. Any suggestions for how to troubleshoot and resolve this?
Kelvin

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:29 am

Hi Kelvin,

You might need to enable those accounts for OFX access (Quicken). Just because you can log into the website, doesn't mean the account is available on the OFX server, and using that same password. You might need to contact TD and ask them how to enable your account for Quicken access, and what login information to use. Fund Manager would use the same information as Quicken for online access.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Kelvin » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:51 am

That doesn't seem to be the solution. TD Ameritrade says that for Quicken, you use a 4-digit PIN, but I can see that I'm using my regular password for the one account that works for transaction retrieval (my password is, of course, longer than 4 characters). They don't say anything about needing to enable the account for Quicken.
Kelvin

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Hi Kelvin,

I would check with TD, and ask them for instructions on retrieving that particular account with Quicken, and then use those same instructions for Fund Manager. It will use the same username/password that Quicken would use. It may be different from your web login, that is possible. It may be that one account uses your regular web credentials, and the others do not. The login required can vary by broker and account, and the only one that can provide the login credentials for this feature is your broker.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby cir » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:41 am

I am trying to log into a retirement account at TD Ameritrade for the first time on FM and am also getting the message "Signon Invalid Signon Invalid". I am using the same credentials to login as on Quicken with no problem. Both Quicken and FM are on the same machine. Please advise.
cir

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:42 am

Hi cir,

I would try re-typing the login username and password both in Quicken and in Fund Manager to make sure you really have the same exact login information for both.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions