Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Missing Investment

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby comnwworks » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:18 am

An investment has disappeared from my portfolio. I tried restoring from back up and it is still not there. The position had been in the account for several years. How can I fix this?
comnwworks

Postby aviator » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:23 am

Perhaps it's hidden? To see hidden investments, click View, Hidden Investments/Portfolios and see if it reappears. If it does, you can "unhide" it by right clicking on the investment and choosing its properties. Click on the Other tab, and un-check the Hidden box.
aviator

Postby comnwworks » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:06 am

Thanks for that. It still did not show up using the "hidden investments" option. I can find what I think is the right .dat file on my computer using Window Explorer, but cannot open that either.
comnwworks

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:08 pm

Hi comnwworks,

What happens when you use "File / Open Investment(s)..." and open up the *.dat investment file? Do you get an error message?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby comnwworks » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:43 am

There are 2 files for the investment in my FM directory. 1 has just the symbol name and has not been modified since '13. The other has the investment name followed by the account number (e.g. HAL_123456) and was modified the last time I reconciled the account. I can open the latter and see what are I believe are the correct transactions. Should I try opening that investment in my portfolio? BTW, it seems this happened w/ the most recent upgrade I did to FM (2016.14.3.100) and appears to have affected at least 1 other investment. Thanks.
comnwworks

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:22 am

Hi comnwworks,

If it has all your data, sure, just open it in your sub-portfolio where you want it located. I can't really tell what got you to the point where you're at now, but if you have the data file, and can open it, that sounds like a good plan. If there is some issue you can reproduce somehow, please let me know, and we can take a look.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions