Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Yahoo update chg 2015-04-29 workaround for old FM versions

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:02 am

Hi Terry,

Also Mark I not understand " If you want to make sure you have the latest quote and transaction modules you can use a different web browser to download the whole program from our main download page, ..."
please explain or give me so guidance here, are you saying use different browser than my normal one (firefox) and what whole program are you referring too.

You can use firefox. By "different", I just meant different than IE8, which is essentially what FM is using to check for updates. Just go here using Firefox or Chrome, or anything newer than IE8:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/download.html

and download/install the whole program. You can just install it right over your current installation. The current download usually has the latest quote/transaction modules, but not always. To get those for sure, you would have to download those 2 DLLs I sent the link to last time. I wouldn't bother with getting those DLLs unless you're having a specific problem retrieving prices or transactions.

I heard back from our web hosting company. We are using a shared hosting account, and they won't make the requested change to support the older protocol/cipher combination needed for IE8/XP. These cipher suite settings are global and apply to all their customers using the shared host. Since this used to work, I suspect they recently updated the allowed set on our hosted server. In order for us to get this older protocol supported we would need to upgrade to some sort of private server and add support back in ourselves. Unfortunately, this isn't something we're willing to do at the moment in order to re-enable this feature for XP users. We have made an update to our FAQ on the list of supported versions of Windows, to include this XP specific limitation. You can see it here:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq ... rsions.php
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Prices and Transactions