Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Canadian Stock Prices

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby johnreid » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:17 pm

I am running FM 11.7, with quote module 457.

I have been unable to download prices from the only Canadian server, Canada Stockwatch, since January. I understand it requires a significant upgrade from my current version to access Canada Stockwatch. My system is now totally unreliable as I have been unable to find a way to download accurate Canadian stock quotes - if they are interlisted, I get the US prices; if they are not recognized by the US servers, I get "dummy" results.

Is there a solution to this situation?

johnreid
johnreid

Postby Mark » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi johnreid,

We only provide updates to the quote module for the last 2 major versions. Currently this is 12.x and the 2014 versions. We aren't updating the 11.x versions anymore, so to get an updated quote module that supports all the servers listed here:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/intrtv.html

You would need to upgrade your copy of Fund Manager. If you have any troubles retrieving once you're using the current quote module (477) please let us know.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby drobble » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:55 am

Hi everyone,
It looks like that you loose functionality of the software if you are not on the latest release of the software.

Am I right when I'm saying that you/I are forced to update whenever an (main) update is made available?

Appreciate any clarification
Drobble
drobble

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:21 am

Hi Drobble,

You are never forced to update, and we never turn off or stop anything. However, quote servers change over time, and often need updates to continue working. We provide these updates for free for the last 2 major versions. Currently, this is the 2014 and 2016 series. So, if you have either of these you can get the free updates to the quote module.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions