Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby jstoever » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:08 am

Posting log set 3 of 3.
Attachments
intlog3g.txt
(3.3 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
jstoever

Postby mli2001 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:22 am

Hi Mark, I have the same problem since yesterday. I am using personal version 2016.14.15.100 quote module 521. the log3 file is:

Retrieve Starting
Quote Module Version = 521
Retrieving from server: (YAHOO)
Requesting: "TLT", "SHY", "BIDU", "EQB.TO", "NCLH", "BX", "TEVA", "PVG.TO", "BAX", "OZM", "AGN", "MU", "TIP", "CADUSD=X", "VCSH", "XPH"
Could not update any investments
WARNING: Server used but did not update any prices: (YAHOO)
mli2001

Postby Mark » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:04 am

Hi jstoever and mli2001,

The Yahoo quote server is currently (temporarily) down. We've posted about this here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4481
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dbender54 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:13 pm

I left my default quote server on Yahoo after updating the quote module. While exceedingly slow, it works. If I tried WSJ, I received a message that over 30 tickers couldn't be retrieved. Even prior to that last message though, the WSJ quote server seemed to send quotes one at a time.... maybe even worse than the slow Yahoo result.

If the only time I retrieve quotes is at end of day and I only click the Retrieve and Update Transactions (which are set to retrieve prices as well), I may just leave FM minimized and let it run. Otherwise, I have to dig through the log to find the symbols that gave WSJ indigestion and still cope with the slow downloads.

Thoughts?
dbender54

Postby Mark » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi dbender54,

It is completely up to you... It is true the WSJ retrieves one at a time also, but it has been significantly faster than Yahoo in our experience. For instructions on setting the symbols for WSJ, please read this documentation:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/intrtv.html#WSJ

You can stick with Yahoo too, that is perfectly fine if the speed isn't a problem. If you're only retrieving end of day prices, and you're also retrieving transactions, you can skip retrieving prices for investments that you're getting priced from your broker. That would speed things up as well.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby jstoever » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:48 pm

Hi Mark. Just wanted to let you know that the recent update of the quote server module resolved the issue, the 2018.15.1.100 update solidified it. Thanks for the quick response.
jstoever

Previous

Return to Prices and Transactions