Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Transactions Retrieve with Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Stefan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:49 am

Hello,

I have downloaded transaction module 160. It cannot download transtaction from MSSB anymore!
I remeber that, before, I had the configured it with broker = Morgan Stanley Client Serv or soemthing similar. Now, this opion disapeared and I can only choose Morgan Stanley Smith Barney - MS or Morgan Stanley Smith Barney - SB. Neither work.
How can I get my old transaction retrieval module back???
Stefan

Postby Stefan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:04 am

I have fixed my issue by replacing the #160 version of tranretr.dll with version # 158.
This fixed it and it can retreive the transactions from MSSB.
The broker name is: "Morgan Stanley ClientServ Investment" in this #158 dll and it works perfectly well.

So, in tranretr.dll version #160, this has been removed and replaced with the two names I mentioned before. Neither of those work for current MSSB clients.
This has to be fixed back in order to use tranretr.dll with MSSB.

Thank you,
Stefan
Stefan

Postby Mark » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:35 am

Hi Stefan,

The broker was renamed from "Morgan Stanley ClientServ Investment" to "Morgan Stanley Smith Barney - MS" in the 159 module. Only the name was changed, so the functionality should be the same. This change was made back in June of this year. What specifically happens if you use "Morgan Stanley Smith Barney - MS" with the current transaction module? Do you get some error message?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Stefan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:01 am

Hi Mark,

Indeed, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney - MS works! So, I may have done something different.
So, the change seems OK.
Here is the chain of events on my side:
I upgraded from #158 to #160 recently (9/10)
I ran it first time today. Because it removed the name I ws using (MS ClinetServ...) it gave me an error.
I looked a the list, didn't fonund MS ClientServ and probably replaced with MSSB - SB. Itdidn't work. And I thought I had tested with MSSB -MS as well, but now I see that works.
In conclusion, the only thing I had to do was to replace the broker name with MSSB - MS.
I apologize for the confusion!
Stefan

Return to Prices and Transactions