Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Updating Historical Currency Prices

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Glenn2 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:16 pm

I understand from reading this message board that there are only 2 ways to download historical currency ie import downloaded data from Oanda OR setup a symbol zzzyyy:IND linked to Bloomberg's Historical quote server. I also understand that the exchange rates used by Fund Manager must be in the format zzzyyy=x .

Is there a way to have an exchange rate such as AUDUSD=x linked to another symbol AUDUSD:IND that gets its historical prices from Bloomberg?

If not then to update the historical prices of AUDUSD=x could it temporarily be changed to AUDUSD:IND with Historical Quote server being Bloomberg, then run the historical price update and when finished change it back to AUDUSD=x. This seems fairly straight forward but I would like to be sure it does not cause a problem for Fund Manager.
Glenn2

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi Glenn2,

Exchange rates for Fund Manager can have any symbol. There are no requirements from Fund Manager's end on what symbol you have for your exchange rates. They do not have to be zzzyyy=x. You just want to assign the exchange rate investment to the desired currency under "Options / Currency Settings...".

You can set the symbol to whatever you need to retrieve from the server you're using. So, if you want to retrieve from Bloomberg, just enter the symbol used for the exchange rate on Bloomberg (the zzzyyy:IND format).
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Glenn2 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:27 pm

Fantastic news. Now finally my exchange rates will be complete and up-to-date.
Glenn2

Return to Prices and Transactions