Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Scottrade Bank Deposit Transactions Skipped in Import

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby elliots » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:02 am

Mark,

Scottrade has some new program "bank deposit program" and a bunch of transactions from the 1/31/12 data file are "skipped" with message during the import. I'll send you the data file if you need it and provide email address where you want it.

By the way, FYI, message board very slow response this AM

Elliot
elliots

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:06 am

Hi Elliot,

What version are you using? We just released 11.8 last week to support this exact issue. See:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/modlist.html

We did not send out an email notice as this was the only change, and we've had several minor updates recently.

Thanks, I noticed the message board is slow as well. We'll investigate this.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby elliots » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:59 am

Mark,

That was it (I didn't really think I'd be the first one to report this a week after it happened), however . . .

Strange behavior. In the program help I check for update and get a screen with all the recent versions of the quote module (covering another screen about retrieving quote server status). I never get offered to update the basic software (in this case from 11.7 to 11.8). I seem to remember, when I'm not up to date, being offered the update. In this case I had to go to the website home page, pick downloads, and then update. I seem to remember a more prompted structured approach to updating. Is my memory going, have you changed the process?

Elliot
elliots

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:26 am

Hi Elliot,

It has always worked this way... The menu command "Help / FM on the Web / Check for Updates..." can tell you what the latest version of the main program is, and it can update the price/transaction modules, but it can't update the main program itself. For that, you do have to go to the "Download" page and download/install the main program.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions