Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Vanguard brokerage reinvested dividend 'fee' adjustment.

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby modelerMike » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:31 am

Some Vanguard brokerage dividend reinvestment transactions loaded via the 'Retreive Transactions' automated load processing included a small negative fee number.
These only showed up for Novmber and December 2011 transactions. I am guessing these are minor cash adjustments to reconcile the # of shares reinvested with the cash dividend that is funding the reinvestment for rounding errors using 3 decimal precision pricing. The only caveat is that to be consisitent with FM's 'fee' field assumptions these negative 'adjustments' ( CNUM field for Generic Transactions ) in the 'fee' field need to be positive #s , not negative #s.
I am assuming that FM's assumption here is that positive fee entries reduce cash and negative fee entries increase cash. These Vanguard reinvestment transactions 'fee's need to be positive #s when loaded into FM to be consisitent with the monthly statement entries provided by Vanguard.

No biggyy; simply need to change the fee adjustment #'s sign for these transactions.
modelerMike

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:35 am

Hi modelerMike,

If you would like us to take a closer look at this, please email us the "ofxretr.txt" and "xmldump.txt" log files, along with the specifics of a particular fee transaction in these files. We can take a closer look. For help on finding these log files, see the bottom of this page:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/tintrtv.html
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby modelerMike » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:51 am

Thanks Mark for the offer of assistance.

I have since done later Retreives and the relevant files were over witten.
It may take some time for me to get back but i will review and save these files the next time a transactions update is run.

Good day,

Mike
modelerMike

Return to Prices and Transactions