Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Retrive J.P.Morgan Private *FAIL*

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Flijfi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi,

I have tried to setup the online retrieve for J.P.Morgan Private, but I got Signon Invalid message.

I've used the same UserID and pasword that is used for web access and I have the Direct Access Activated, for this account (this is the way they call the retrival capability for download to Quicken and M$ Money).

Ofcourse, I am sure the Acct# (9 digit-long for checking and 10 digit-long for Money market), UID and Password are correct.

How may I debug and fix the issue?

FM:
Personal 11.7
Quote mod: 425
Tx module: 156.

Thanks!

Flijfi
Flijfi

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi Flijfi,

With this broker you must have all 3 username, password, and account number correct. With most brokers you only need your username and password, and Fund Manager will request account numbers from the broker for your username, and compare/verify against the one you have entered. This broker does not support this request, so you need to make sure all 3 are entered correctly into Fund Manager.

If this doesn't help resolve the problem, you can contact JP Morgan Private, and ask them for help. You can ask them for your login information for Quicken, as I suspect they will say they don't support anything besides Quicken. You should be able to use the same login details for Quicken in Fund Manager. If they are willing to work with you, you can show them the log files of the request and response to their OFX server. For help turning on logging, and finding the log files, see the bottom of this page:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/tintrtv.html

If you get your login credentials for Quicken, and they still don't work in Fund Manager, the next step would be to try them in Quicken.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Flijfi » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:16 pm

Mark,

Thanks!, I was finally able to set it right after getting a new UID and password for the "quicken" online retrival. The assets account gets the transactions and positions fine, but not for the checking (and money market) accounts which I was informed they do not include in the "quicken" service.

So I downloaded the transactions in all available formats (OFX, QFX, QIF), with the same results: No transactions are detected, so none is imported.
If I try to "Reconcile" the account, I get an error message like "Position Information not available in OFX data".

There is anything I can do to troubleshoot the issue?

Here is the header and first transaction of the QFX file (I just changed the Acct#)

OFXHEADER:100
DATA:OFXSGML
VERSION:102
SECURITY:NONE
ENCODING:USASCII
CHARSET:1252
COMPRESSION:NONE
OLDFILEUID:NONE
NEWFILEUID:NONE
<OFX>
<SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
<SONRS>
<STATUS>
<CODE>0
<SEVERITY>INFO
</STATUS>
<DTSERVER>20120210120000[0:GMT]
<LANGUAGE>ENG
<FI>
<ORG>ISC
<FID>10898
</FI>
<INTU.BID>10898
</SONRS>
</SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
<BANKMSGSRSV1>
<STMTTRNRS>
<TRNUID>1
<STATUS>
<CODE>0
<SEVERITY>INFO
<MESSAGE>Success
</STATUS>
<STMTRS>
<CURDEF>USD
<BANKACCTFROM>
<BANKID>021000021
<ACCTID>123456789
<ACCTTYPE>CHECKING
</BANKACCTFROM>
<BANKTRANLIST>
<DTSTART>20111213120000[0:GMT]
<DTEND>20120207120000[0:GMT]

<STMTTRN>
<TRNTYPE>DEBIT
<DTPOSTED>20120207120000[0:GMT]
<TRNAMT>-75.41
<FITID>201202070
<NAME>SHELL
<MEMO>02/06SHELL
</STMTTRN>

Regards,

Flijfi
Flijfi

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:28 pm

Hi Flijfi,

OFX files can contain either "investment" or "banking" account information. Fund Manager only supports importing "investment" account information from OFX files. The sample OFX file below is not an investment account, so it won't be able to be imported.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Flijfi » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:40 am

Mark,

There is any way I can use to reconcile the cash account using OFX/QFX or even CSV?
Can I customize the CVS expected format so it can be matched with the exported file from the bank?
Would the CSV be imported or used for reconciliation?

Flijfi
Flijfi

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:59 am

Hi Flijfi,

To use the OFX format you would have to modify the file to be in the investment account format. This isn't trivial, so I wouldn't recommend that.

You could import a CSV file as transactions using "File / Import / Transactions / Generic...", but there is no "reconciling" option against a CSV, other than the manual reconciliation.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions