Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

New Internet Module Available.

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby aviator » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:11 am

Hi Mark,

After performing a Price History retrieve, I've started getting a pop-up message saying that a new Internet Module is available. I've searched the help text and couldn't find information on an internet module. This message appears to be new -- I don't recall getting it prior to upgrading to 11.5 or 11.6 -- but I could be wrong.

I am currently on V 11.6 (Professional), quote module 425 and transaction module 155.

Thanks.
aviator

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi aviator,

This sounds like the message you receive when an updated quote or transaction module is available, but you already seem to have the latest modules. If you do a "Help / FM on the Web / Check for Updates..." does it offer to download an updated module for you? If you repeat the internet retrieve do you get the pop-up message still?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby aviator » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:25 am

Hi Mark,

As best as I can tell, here's what's happening:
1. After getting the message, it does offer to download an updated module but when I click OK there's nothing to download (presumably because my downloads are already up to date).

2. The message appears only once, and doesn't re-appear if I attempt another internet retrieve. It could be because there's nothing to retrieve on subsequent attempts. I was unable to reproduce the message this morning, but I will keep you posted later this week when I attempt another price history retrieve.
aviator

Postby onlyme » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:12 pm

Mark,
I can confirm the situation described. This evening when clicking on the "Retrieve & Update Transactions" toolbar button I received the popup notifying me of a new/updated module being available. I responded in the affirmative, but the resulting information box indicated I had all the most recent modules. When I do a subsequent retrieval of transactions during this current execution of the program the notification of new/updated modules being available doesn't pop up. If I do "Check for Updates" the information displayed confirms that I have all the most recent modules. This situation is happening with regularity daily when I execute Fund Manager the for the first time. It's Fund Manager Personal 11.5 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
--
Max
onlyme

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi Max and aviator,

Thanks for the bug report. I was able to reproduce the problem here. It is a new bug that got introduced in 11.5. If you retrieved transactions on a new day before you retrieved prices, and then retrieved prices in the same session you would incorrectly be notified of an available update.

We have released version 11.7 that fixes this bug. You can download it from our site now:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/download.html
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions