Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Price retrieval default start date

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby crawfordn » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:29 am

Hi Mark,
It's been a while since I've posted anything due to my complete satisfaction with FM. I did however notice that, after downloading the latest update, when I go to "retrieve historical prices" the default start date is always 9/13/11 instead of yesterdays date. I have a couple of accounts that I price this way daily and it's bugging me. I know you'll fix it promptly. Thanks. Rick
crawfordn

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 am

Hi Rick,

Yes, we changed this in 11.5, and it may not have been the best decision... In 11.5 the default starting date when you do any new historical retrieve is set to the day after your last global price retrieve. By "global price retrieve" I mean retrieving for all investments by pressing the PRC button on the toolbar, or doing an "Edit / Internet Retrieve / Prices" command. The default starting date is only updated when you do a global price retrieve, and not when you do a "selected" price retrieve of only a certain set of investments/sub-portfolios. We plan to improve this by updating this default starting date for either a global or selected price retrieve for the next release.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions