Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Historical prices for UK Unit Trusts

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby RoyS » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:57 am

Hi - I have a mixed portfolio and use FM Personal to monitor its status. I need to fill some missing price data and, while I can use MSN Historical to access shares and investment funds and also various indices, I cannot get price information for UK Unit Trusts (mutual funds?) using either MSN or Yahoo UK and Ireland historical.

Should I be able to do this, or do the various Historical services not include UK unit trusts??

Thanks in advance - Roy
RoyS

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:34 am

Hi Roy,

I believe neither of these servers offer historical quotes for UK unit trusts. You can double check though by going to these sites with your browser, and looking up the symbol. Once you're seeing the current quote, click on "Historical Prices" on the left hand menu and see if they show any historical prices as being available.

You might also try Google (Historical). If you can view but not download historical prices from Google (Historical) you may be able to use the generic import. See the last post I made here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=932&start=15

If you know of a good quote server that offers free historical UK unit trust prices please let us know, and we can consider adding support for them.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby RoyS » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:26 am

Mark - thanks for the advice. I have now done some more work and all I can find is that a small number of companies make historical data for their unit trusts available, and the data is then available fund-by-fund, as you describe, on Yahoo (and perhaps others). I can find no source of more widespread data; I guess the lesson is to remember to do regular price downloads!

best wishes - Roy
RoyS

Return to Prices and Transactions