Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Transaction retrieve issue, not FM

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby henrikk » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:46 pm

OK. I realize this is not FM problems, but maybe FM can do something about this and/or maybe there is a solution and I do not know it. When I retrieve transactions from my Fidelity Netbenefits account and the start date range is one day (from = to) then FM will generate the following sequence of dialog box errors:

1) Error in Investment Statement Transaction Response.
2) Invalid Date Range.
3) Failed to Retrieve Portfolio.
Broker: Fidelity Netbenefits
Account Number: XXX
User ID: XXX

The error appears to come from Fidelity. My other brokerage accounts have no problem with a From = To date, but Fidelity Netbenefits does. Even though the issue may be on Fidelity's end, it would be nice not have to cycle through 3 dialog boxes due to this error, and it would be even nicer if there was a way to tell FM to ignore this particular error.

This happens more often then you would think if I retrieve transaction twice during the day.... Yes. I can change the date range, but doing this manually every time I retrieve transactions is a pain.

Any ideas or suggestions?

- Henrik
henrikk

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:47 am

Hi Henrik,

I don't have any other suggestions... You would have to change the date range to be longer than a day, and make sure you leave on the option to skip transactions already in Fund Manager. Maybe we can offer some more control here in a future version, but for now I don't have any other suggestions.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions