Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Transaction (cash) not showing up in account

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby henrikk » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:22 pm

I have multiple accounts at Schwab (Roth, Regular, etc.). All of them retrieve transactions properly. Recently I added another account (an IRA) and Fund Manager will not retrieve the single transaction in that account. After I created the account, I transferred $k from "Regular Non Retirement" to the IRA and the cash transaction shows up as a debit on by regular account, but never appears in my IRA. I see no error when retrieving transactions, the account # is correct, I have checked for hidden investments, asked to retrieve all dates, etc. but nothing makes the cash transaction show up in the new IRA. There is no stock/fund transaction in that account (yet), but it seems to me the cash transaction should appear.

I am using the latest retrieve module and the transaction happened multiple days ago.

I am not sure how to diagnose this. Is there a way of checking the raw data file to see if the transaction is being transmitted on Schwab's end? It does display properly when logging into the brokerage account to view balances --- so I know it is there. Any other thing to try?

Thanks,
- Henrik
henrikk

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:36 am

Hi Henrik,

You can turn on logging, and look at the raw data received from Schwab. For instructions, see the very bottom of this page, in the "Technical Details" section:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/tintrtv.html

Take a look at the xmldump.txt file and see if you see any sign of your transaction. When doing this it is easiest if you just retrieve the one account, as the log files are overwritten for each new account that is retrieved.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby henrikk » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:59 am

Thank you! Sure enough, the following appears in the parsed log files:

- INVBAL
- AVAILCASH (1000.00)

so the 1000.000 is listed as being available --- except it does not show up anywhere in my FM portfolio (that I can see). Note that all other Balances are listed as 0. The transaction also appears in ofxmemtrandump:

0: Account: SCHWAB.COM
Type: Buy
CUSIP:
Name:
Symb:
Date: 12/29/2011 (1)
Memo: IRA REGULAR CONTRIB
Units: 1000.000000 (1)
Price: 1.000000 (1)
Total: 1000.000000 (1)
Fees: 0.000000 (0)
Numer: 0.000000 (0)
Denom: 1.000000 (0)
Cursym:
BankType: Yes

Account number deleted above. Any ideas?

- Henrik
henrikk

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:05 am

Hi Henrik,

I think it has to do with manually setting up the sub-portfolio, and not having a default cash account. Here are a couple suggestions:

1) Delete the current sub-portfolio, and reset it up using the New Portfolio Wizard. Choose "Retrieve Transactions and Positions" when going through the wizard.

- OR -

2) Create a new cash investment with 0 shares and assign it as the default cash account for this sub-portfolio. After setting up a default cash account, retrieve transactions again, and make sure you have all of the "Import Options" turned on, including the one about recording banking transactions in the default cash account.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby henrikk » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:27 am

That solved the problem. Thanks. A warning or information message about the transaction being seen but not recorded would be nice.

Thanks Mark.

- Henrik
henrikk

Return to Prices and Transactions