Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

TD Ameritrade

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby darris » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:15 pm

I'm a former user who has just started using FM again and I'm a litle rusty. I'm having huge problems with downloading from my TD Ameritrade Institutional account.
They set up access through retail so I could acess all of jmy accounts since this isn't possib1e without doing so

1) it keeps locking me out (from DL only not the Insitutional website)-- and when I call to get it reset I'm told it's because there were "too many attempts"-- this is absolutely not true. Sometimes this happens on my regular account, sometimes it happens on my IRA-- never on otha t the same time--TD has no explanation.

2) an even more significant problem is tht right now I can only download transactions through 12/16 even though there were transactions on 12/19 and 12/21-- I've tried both ways using "all dates" and "skip transactions already in ..." and I've tried it using just the dates 12/10 - 12/23 and neither way do I get any transactions.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Diane
darris

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:53 am

Hi Diane,

1) I have no explanation for this either, but the lockout is happening on TD's end, so they would need to be the ones to explain why. Fund Manager only makes a single connection per transaction retrieve for each sub-portfolio you've set to retrieve transactions. You might ask them for a log of all the connection attempts, and if possible from what IP address. Maybe someone else is accidentally using your username and repeatedly trying to connect with your username. If you have a log of the connection attempts with IP address you can see if they are coming from your computer, or from somewhere else. If they are coming from somewhere else, maybe you need to ask TD to change your username to something else, ideally a more unique username that someone else couldn't try to guess/hack. It is also a good idea to make sure you've scanned your own computer to make sure you don't have any viruses, spyware, or anything like that which could be compromising your login credentials. If they can't provide you with that connection/IP log you might just try asking them to change your username anyway and making sure your computer is clean.

2) It sounds like TD's OFX server isn't providing those, or maybe they are very delayed. Maybe it is because your account is an institutional account, and there is more delay than for a normal retail account, I'm not sure. It seems possible there is a delay in getting your transactions from the institutional system over to the retail interface within TD. You could ask TD about this also. You can turn on logging in Fund Manager, and take a look at the retrieved data to confirm there are no signs of these transactions, but if you've turned off "Skip transactions already in FM", and you have "All Dates" selected, Fund Manager will show you everything that was provided by the broker. If you do want to see the logs, see the "Technical Details" notes here:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/tint ... al_Details
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions