Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Symbols differ for price quotes and price history

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby tommcg » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:09 am

FM 10.4, QM 414. Yahoo historical has incorrect price history for GWMGF.PK, but Google historical has correct prices. However, Google requires the symbol to be "GWMGF" where Yahoo requires the symbol to be "GWMGF.PK". So I can't seem to use Yahoo for current prices while using Google for historical price for this stock. I don't see an option to use Google for retrieving current prices in FM under Quote Server list, only for historical prices.

So, if need to get current price and historical price from different sources, and the symbol required is different for each, how can I do this in FM?

Or, is there some reason why Google is not an option for current price retrieval, only for historical price download? Then I could just use the one symbol with Google for both current prices and historical prices.

Thanks.
tommcg

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:44 am

Hi tommcg,

Google is available for current quotes, but only in the Professional/Advisor versions:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/intrtv.html

Google's current server offers real time quotes, so those are a Pro/Advisor specific feature.

There isn't really a good solution to wanting to use 2 different quote servers for the same investment that requires 2 different symbols. There is only 1 symbol to record in Fund Manager. If you just use the historical server when you initially set up the investment, you could then switch to using the current server after that, so you don't have to switch back/forth.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions