Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Investments from Investments

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby RABcap » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

I use the Investments from Investments function to create warrant prices for unlisted warrants on listed shares. I have a fixed investment that is the warrant exercise price and deduct this from the share price to get teh warrant value. This functionality seems to have stoped working properly and will only create a warrant price if both the source investments have price on the same date - even when the "Only update destination..." box is not ticked.

I am running 2024.18.2.100 / 597 / 268

Thanks
RABcap

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:16 am

Hi RABcap,

I suspect you are running into a change we made in 2024.18.2:

When auto updating investments created from other investments, only update prices if they are for a date within the date range of both source investments

For some nice background/explanation of this change, see this post. Also, see the documentation on this feature.

This change should not affect how the "Only Update Destination for Dates When Both Sources Have Pricing (Do Not Interpolate)" option works. It does however make it so that the destination investment will only be updated for every weekday between the first and last recorded prices in both of the source investments. Could this be the reason you're see a change?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 am

Hi RABcap,

I have a fixed investment that is the warrant exercise price

Possibly the solution to your problem could be to create, in this investment, two warrant exercise prices of same value: one in the past and one in the (distant) future.
So the destination investment will be updated for this entire date range, and so for new dates as long as it's before the future price set in the fixed investment.

See here
Djobydjoba

Return to Prices and Transactions