Thank you
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sgurd4oilop » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:55 am

Just got this from Twitter Fidelity:

Hello and thank you for reaching out on Twitter. We're sorry to hear the sentiment you described but want you to know that we have been made aware of this issue and are working to provide a solution. While we do not currently have a timeframe for when this will be resolved, we can assure you we're working diligently on a fix. We appreciate your patience.

In the meantime, please let us know if we can assist with anything else.

===========

My interpretation: They broke something somewhere and have to find it and fix it.
sgurd4oilop

Postby sgurd4oilop » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:14 am

Was just given this very informative link as a referral:

https://nb.fidelity.com/bin-public/070_ ... TERNAL.pdf

Is FM classified (per Fidelity's characterization) as a third party data aggregator? If so, do you know if a different API will be required to eventually download from Fidelity?
sgurd4oilop

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:45 am

Hi sgurd4oilop,

We don't have any special relationship with Fidelity. The way I read that document, yes, Fund Manager would be classified as a third party data aggregator. Anyone using their OFX interface it seems would be categorized this way.

I don't know, but suspect, Fidelity will eventually move to the newer FDX protocol, as Schwab did a while ago. With FDX, it has the benefit that users don't have to enter their login credentials into the app (like Fund Manager, Quicken, etc). Instead, you are directed to a Fidelity site, where you login, and give permission to Fund Manager, and then are given a unique access code to provide to Fund Manager, instead of your login credentials.

Some brokers solve this issue by creating a unique set of login credentials for their OFX server, as compared to their web server. FDX is another way of making it so users don't provide their login credentials. If/when Fidelity does move to FDX, we will gladly add support for them if they give us that option.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sgurd4oilop » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:12 pm

Thanks Mark.
sgurd4oilop

Postby sgurd4oilop » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:14 pm

Keeping this thread informed. From the Quicken community forum thread on this topic:

Fidelity has identified the change that they made on 3/7 that is causing the issue and that "Their current goal is 'to revert and test the changes with a target release of tomorrow, 3/22, at 9 PM EST’.

Maybe there is light at the end of this desolate tunnel.
sgurd4oilop

Postby sgurd4oilop » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:28 pm

It looks like Fidelity got its act together and finally corrected their OFX download links. When I use an empty account, select Fidelity NetBenefits as the OFX Server, provide username and password, it prompts me with my two NetBenefits accounts - a 401k and a BrokerageLink account. Just as before. When I download from the 401k way back to 3rd quarter last year (the last transaction I made), and tell it not to skip transactions already in FM, it pulls up the two transactions.

Perfect! If we could only get Fidelity to admit to what it is they did, why, and how they will insure it won't happen again!
sgurd4oilop

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:26 am

Hi sgurd4oilop,

Excellent, thanks for the update. Glad it is working again.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby cbavaro » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:47 pm

I was having the same issue with Fidelity and had spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what had changed and how to make the downloads work again for both of our Fidelity Net Benefits accounts. I finally gave up and just manually entered all of our February transactions so I could balance my statements with the hope that Fidelity would resolve this before I had to download March's transactions. It would appear that they have resolved it fully and I was able to download new transactions with not having to change any of my existing settings or credentials.
cbavaro

Previous

Return to Prices and Transactions